Sunday, August 01, 2010

My Latest Obsession

I found this e-zine on free-style embroidery by Teresa McFayden which is totally up my alley and fell in love again with a pastime that I enjoyed as a kid.    Over the years I have cross-stitched several projects and enjoyed making them.  The thing that I love so much about free-style embroidery is the unlimited stitch selection, creativity and ability to personalize each piece.   Here's my finished piece, with a few variations from the sampler used in the class.



With my first project under my belt, I am now working on a new sampler that will (hopefully) reflect the Summer of 2010.  Now I've got yet another way to capture memories!  More to come....

In the meantime, am wondering if I should change my blog to Paper and Stitching Love?!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh your sampler looks great!! I love the colors you used and the "smile" you added. Great job. Glad to hear you enjoyed the E-Zine, too! xoxo

Teresa said...

Oh your sampler looks great!! I love the colors you used and the "smile" you added. Great job. Glad to hear you enjoyed the E-Zine, too! xoxo