Monday, April 12, 2010

Handmade Gifting

So it was my sister's birthday yesterday and she told me a while ago that she wants to do more simple, handmade gifts for people this year for gifting occasions (birthdays, Christmas, etc). Guess what? I figured since I'm getting something handmade in the near future (smile) she would probably appreciate the same. As it turns out, I really like this handmade gifting idea. I found this cool print-and-go kit from Rhonna Farrer, purchased and downloaded it and made her this awesome Inspiration Jar. The plastic paint can is from Michael's; the tickets are Tim Holtz while the paper flowers and ribbons are from my collection.

DSC01774

She seems to like it....she loved that it was handmade. I hope she enjoys it!

BTW, Alex didn't like that I folded the slips of paper with the words and phrases facing out...I thought it looked more interesting this way but he thinks it makes it more likely someone will cheat and pick out whatever they want to do. ;-)

Mother's Day is just around the corner...I'm wondering if I should make something for my sweet mom? Any ideas?

No comments: